Monday, September 28, 2009

a fun question

Do you believe that forks are evolved from spoons?

Very strongly. In my thesis 'The Evolution of the Cutlery." I hypothesised that our first eating utensils were mere leaves on the ends of sticks. Of course, these soon grew into our first carved spoons. And for thousands of millenia the spoon existed as our sole eating utensil. None other was needed. However, since the rise in popularity of 'spaghetti' we have seen a new face on the horizon. The fork. At first, merely the spork, but now. . . a utensil in its' own right. Stepping forward into a brighter future.

6 comments:

  1. where in the world did this come from? this curiosity to know why the spork? Question of the millenia...why the spork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was fiddling around with my user site on here and it generates random questions. And this was my question. I had so much fun writing this. And than it was too long so I thought i'd share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,
    Love your history about sporks...check out the book, "Bloom's Boquet of Imaginary Words"...e.g.shelfish=self-involved crustacean

    Plus, Peter H. Reynolds web page is excellent for creative writing ideas.
    See you tomorrow!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the sporks piece was by Kanatka...

    ReplyDelete
  5. has anyone seen the new Pratchett book? looks like another fun read...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you mystorywriting. :) I'm glad you enjoyed my sense of humour.
    And yes, I've read the new Terry Pratchett Book - good like all of his. I might need to go read it again. :)

    ReplyDelete